How to Create Carrier Contacts
Tip! Before creating a new contact, we highly recommend using their email address to search for them. Your contact might already be in our system and searching by email is the best way to find them.
- Click the Carrier Contacts page on the left menu
- Click the Create Carrier Contact button on the top right
- Required fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Optional fields:
- Phone number
- Click the 'Next' button
- Select the carrier company
- Note: If you're unable to find the company name, click "Create a New Company" at the bottom. (Only the company name field is required).
- Click the 'Add Carrier Contact' button
Clarification on Requiring Unique Email Addresses
A carrier user's email address is their username in order to log into the system. Usernames must be unique to properly identify individuals.
To assign an appointment to a carrier user, we require a unique carrier contact email address in their profile. If your facility has carrier scheduling enabled, the carrier contact will be able to manage their assigned appointments from the carrier.opendock.com portal.
Therefore, in order to create a new carrier, their email address must not already be taken in the system as either a warehouse user or a carrier user.