This article will be covering the process of creating a New Quote for Drayage shipments.
Important: Please enter your company’s Billing Information before creating a quote. Details on how to do so can be found here.
This article will cover:
Create a Drayage Quote
1. On your left dashboard, click New Quote.
2. On the New Quote page, click the drop down under “Mode” and select Drayage.
3. Select and enter the quote details:
- Required: Direction - default as Import
- Required: Equipment - default as Dry Box
- Required: Containers - default as “1” - currently only quoting per container
- Required: Terminal - select from a list of most ports or rail yards
- Required: Facility - enter a facility, city or zip code
4. Click .
5. Quote Results
Once a rate is returned and if you are ready to book this rate, click .
Within Rate Details the drayage accessorials are listed and defined here for full transparency of costs that may be associated with the shipment after booking. Also listed is what cannot be shipped.
If ShipperGuide is unable to return a rate, the system will automatically notify Loadsmart’s Brokerage team. Our specialists will work on securing the best rate and notifying you via email as soon as the rate is available. The manual rate process may take between 15-60 minutes.
1. From Checkout page, confirm the following required sections:
- Freight Information
- Required: Master BOL
- Required: Ocean Line (select from drop down)
- Optional: SO Number
- Optional: PO Number(s)
- Required: Size (select from drop down)
- Required: Container Number
- Required: Commodity Name
- Required: Weight
- Optional: Pickup Notes
- Required: Facility
- Required: Facility Contact/Phone
- Optional: Delivery Notes
2. Select a payment method.
- Line of Credit
- Credit Card
2. Click to book the drayage quote.