This article will cover how to build contracts within ShipperGuide streamlining the process of tendering contracted lanes.
1. On your left dashboard, click Contracts.
2. Click "Create New Contract"
3. Enter Contract details:
- Required: Contract Title
- Required: Carrier
- Required: Fuel Surcharge Type
- Required: Mode (Note: Only FTL contracts can be created in ShipperGuide at this time.)
4. Click "Create Contract".
5. Add Contract Lanes.
There are two options available when adding contract lanes, adding lanes individually by clicking or by importing lanes clicking .
a.) To add contract lanes individually, click "+Add Lane". The Add Lane register will open to add the following:
Add lane details:
- Required: Origin
- Required: Destination
- Required: Volume
- Required: Equipment
- Optional: Lane Ref.
Add Load and Rate details:
- Required: Rate Type
- Required: Flat Rate / Rate per mile (This will be dependent on the Rate Type you choose)
- Optional: Minimum Charge
- Optional: Minimum Weight
- Optional: Maximum Weight
Add Period and Extra Information details:
- Required: Lane Starts
- Required: Lane Ends
- Required: Status (Options: Active or Inactive)
- Required: Award Type (Options: Primary or Backup)
- Optional: Notes
b.) To add contract lanes using lane import, click .
A pop-up window will appear. Click DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE.
Use the lane template file to list the lanes to be imported to your contract. The table below serves as a guide that defines the required or optional fields and the accepted formats or possible options you can select while filling out the template file. Each import allows a maximum of 100 lanes.
|Origin State||Limit of two characters||Required|
|Origin Postal Code||First three-digit zip code range feature||Optional|
United States: US or USA
|Dest State||Limit of two characters||Required|
|Dest Postal Code||First three-digit zip code range feature||Optional|
United States: US or USA
Dry Van: DRV
Bulk Tanker: TNK
|Minimum Charge||Numeric value||Optional|
|Rate Type||Flat: flat
Per mile: per_mile
|Lane Starts||Plain Text
|Lane Ends||Plain Text
|Award Type||Primary: primary
|Min Weight (lbs)||Numeric value||Required|
|Max Weight (lbs)||Optional|
1. After filling out the lane template, save the template as a .csv file type.
2. Navigate back to the Contract page in ShipperGuide.
3. Click on the contract. Then click .
If all lanes import successfully, the import window will indicate how many lanes were imported. If the lanes fail to import, no lanes will be imported.
If the shipment import file type is not .csv (Comma Separated Values) an error message will be reported on the Import Lanes pop-up window.
Lane Import Errors:
If a lane fails to import due to data formatting, an error message will state what line the error occurred.
Please note: The 'Line' count if an error is found does not include the header line.
6. Publish Contract. Click "Activate Contract" to publish and make your contract live. A popup box will appear to confirm the number of lanes you wish to publish.
Ready to start creating quotes or shipments with your contract lanes? The articles below can help get you started!