Carrier TMS integrates with your Quickbooks Online account, allowing you to send invoices generated in Carrier TMS to Quickbooks with a click of a button. Managers can only connect Quickbooks integration. Once Quickbooks is installed, Finance users will be able to access and utilize the integration.
This article will cover:
- How to connect with Quickbooks Online
- How to map Carrier TMS pay items to Quickbooks
- How to sync Carrier TMS invoices to Quickbooks
Connect with QuickBooks Online:
1. On your left dashboard, go to Settings > Integrations > Accounting
2. On the Quickbooks card, click Install
3. You will be redirected to the Quickbooks website, enter your credentials. After logging in and accepting the connection request, you will be directed back to Carrier TMS. Quickbooks will now be connected and available under Accounting on your left dashboard.
Important: If the Quickbooks integration is unavailable on your account, please contact our support team to enable the feature.
Map Pay Items:
1. On your left dashboard, go to Accounting > Quickbooks > Map Pay Items
2. Under Carrier TMS Income Category, select the income type.
3. Under Quickbooks Item Category, select the corresponding item type.
Important: Quickbooks item categories list can be found under Settings > Product and Services on your Quickbooks Online account.
4. Click Save Categories
Important: Invoices with pay items that are not mapped will prevent Carrier TMS invoices from syncing to Quickbooks. An error will display next to the invoice if pay items are not mapped. Hover over the error icon to view non-mapped pay items.
There are three mandatory fields - that need to be mapped to sync Quickbooks with Carrier TMS:
- Fuel Surcharge
- Flat with Fuel Surcharge
- Flat rate
Sync Carrier TMS and Quickbooks Invoices:
Important: Custom transaction numbers must be enabled on your Quickbooks Online account for the Carrier TMS and Quickbooks invoice numbers to sync. You can find your custom transaction numbers settings on your Quickbooks Online account under Settings > Account and Settings > Sales > Sales Form Content.
1. On your left dashboard, go to Accounting > Quickbooks > Not synced invoices
2. Select the invoice(s) that you would like to send to Quickbooks.
3. Click Send to Quickbooks.
The invoice will be sent to your Quickbooks Online account and will be under Synced invoices in Carrier TMS. If additional payment is added to load in Carrier TMS, send the synced invoice to Quickbooks to update the total balance.
Important: An error message will appear if the customer does not exist in Quickbooks. Click Create all customers and sync to add the customer information to your Quickbooks account.