The driver profiles are stored in Carrier TMS for users to assign to trucks and trailers and store information related to drivers. This article will cover how to add a driver in Carrier TMS. If you would like to import drivers' details to Carrier TMS, please see the Importing Drivers article.
We prepared a helpful and short video for you to watch. Take a look:
So, to add a new driver:
1. On your left dashboard, go to Fleet > Drivers
2. On the drivers’ list page, click New Driver on the top right corner.
3. Enter in the driver’s information:
- Full Name - required
- Email - required for dispatching load to the driver and sending driver’s statement via email.
- Primary Phone Number - required for dispatching load to the driver via text.
- Secondary Phone Number - information is stored
Company Name - information is stored
- Birth Date - information is stored
- Hire Date - information is stored
- Social Security Number - information is stored
- Address Information - information is stored
- Fleet ID - hours of service sync
- Truck Number - information is stored
- Trailer Number - information is stored
- Notes - information is stored
4. Optional: Upload driver documents
- Payment method: will automatically calculate on driver’s statements. Choose between payment per trip, per mile, per percentage, or per day.
- Tax Bracket - 1099 (contract) or W2 (employee)
- Fuel Card number
- Add the driver’s deductions and/or bonuses. The charges and/or additional payments will automatically be calculated on the driver’s statement.
- Driver’s receipts can manually be uploaded to the system.
7. Click Save Driver to save the driver's details.