Trucks are stored in Carrier TMS for users to assign to drivers, connect to ELD providers, and store trucks' information. This article will cover how to add a truck to Carrier TMS. If you would like to add trucks in bulk, please see the Trucks Bulk Import article.
Here is a helpful and short video tutorial to guide you through the process:
Therefore, to add a truck:
1. On your left dashboard, go to Fleet > Trucks
2. On the truck's list page, click Create on the top right corner.
3. Enter in the truck’s information:
- Registration Number - required
- Truck Number - required. The truck number has to match the truck number on the ELD provider’s system for the truck to update in Carrier TMS.
- State - information is stored
- In-Service Date - information is stored
- Make - information is stored
- Model - information is stored
- Year - information is stored
- VIN - information is stored
- Truck Owner - information is stored
- Notes - information is stored
4. Optional: Upload documents to the truck.
5. Click Save to save the truck details.
Important: The truck number field can not be changed/updated after a truck has been added to the system.