Once you have set up your account, you can begin creating loads.
This article will cover how to create a single segment load in Carrier TMS. If you would like to create a multi-segment load, please refer to the article How do I create a multi-segment load? after creating the first segment.
We prepared a helpful and short video for you to watch. Take a look:
Thus to begin creating a new load:
1. On your left dashboard, go to Operations > Loads
2. Click New Load located on the top right of the page.
3. Under the Basic Information section, inform:
- Customer, Load Number and Reference, Dispatcher;
- Load Type;
- Load Rate and any additional charges (ex: lumper, liftgate, residential, etc.);
- Load Documents (accepted formats are .XLS, .DOCX, .PDF, .JPG, and .PNG);
Important: If the customer’s profile is stored in Carrier TMS, a list of matching entries will populate as you type in the customer’s name. If the customer is new, the customer information will be saved under a new customer profile.
4. Click Add Additional Segment to add the Routes/segments
Important: If the business profile is stored in Carrier TMS, a list of matching entries will populate as you type in the business location name. If the business is new, the business location will be saved under a new business profile.
After entering the origin and destination information, the system will calculate the loaded miles. Users can manually update this and the Empty Miles fields.
Note: If the truck is connected to an ELD, the system automatically calculates the empty miles (truck’s location to origin). Users can manually update the Empty Miles field.
5. Enter the driver’s information. If the load is a team driver trip, enter the second driver’s information, including:
- Driver’s Name
- Payment Type
- Assigned Truck and Trailer Number
- Additional Driver Pay
Important: If the driver’s profile is stored in Carrier TMS, a list of matching entries will populate as you type in the driver’s name. The payment type, assigned truck, and trailer number fields will autofill once the driver is selected. Please keep in mind that when creating a new load, if a driver’s assigned truck and trailer number is updated, it will overwrite the truck and trailer number on the driver’s profile. If the driver is new, the driver’s information will be saved under a new driver’s profile.
6. Optional: Enter the weight (lbs) and commodity.
7. After you have confirmed the segment information is correct, click Save Segment located on the top right of the page.
8. After you have confirmed the load information is correct, click Save Load located on the top right of the page.