The lane proposal template allows carriers to upload multiple bids at once. This system feature helps carriers reduce the time spent adding individual proposals for a bid that contains several lanes. You will need to fill out the lane proposals import file with the proposed rates and capacity. This article provides instructions on downloading the Lane Proposals Template file, formatting cells, and uploading the file to the bid page.
Download the proposal template file:
Please note that a login is not required to bid on RFPs from ShipperGuide shippers.
Email - Carriers will receive a unique link where they can access the RFP directly from the bid invitation email.
Loadsmart carrier account - The RFP will be linked to the carrier’s Loadsmart account. To login to the account:
1. On your Loadsmart account, go to CONTRACTS > SHIPPERS RFPS
2. You will be directed to the RFP page. Filter the RFPs list to . Click to view the RFP.
On the bid page, click icon > select Download Template.
The .csv file will be downloaded and saved to your computer. The filename will begin with “lane_proposals_for_”.
Enter proposed rate/capacity:
1. Open the Lane Proposals Template file. Please do not change the values in the lane details cells.
2. On the last two columns of the file:
- Enter the Proposed Rate - flat rate or per mile rate
- Enter the Proposed Capacity
Lanes without rates will not be considered for the bid.
Important: Please do not change the column header names. Changes to the column headers will prevent the system from matching the correct fields to upload the lane proposals.
Upload proposals file:
1. It is important to save the template as a .CSV file. You will receive an error message and will not be able to upload the template otherwise.
2. Go back to the bid page, click icon > select Upload Prices.
3. A pop-up window will appear. Drag and drop the file to the pop-up window. Select the proposed rate type - flat rate or rate per mile. The system will automatically calculate the flat rate or rate per mile if either rate type is selected.
Click After uploading the lane proposal template, the flat rate, rate per mile, and capacity will populate the lanes of the bid.
4. If a shipper is requesting accessorial rates to be submitted, there will be a tab next to the Lanes List called Accessorials. Enter your accessorial rates under Rate and any notes for the shipper to review.
The “Last Rate” column lists the previous rate that was submitted for that respective Accessorial. If there have been any changes to your accessorial rates, they can be added and resubmitted.
5. Updates to the lane proposal(s) will automatically be saved to the system to allow users to make revisions until proposals are submitted or the bid deadline ends/closes.
If you are ready to submit your proposal, click Or you can click the checkbox next to Auto-submit to save your rates and automatically submit the proposal when the bid deadline ends.
Important: Proposals that are not submitted will not be considered for bidding. Please make sure to click SUBMIT or AUTO-SUBMIT.
To withdraw/update your submitted offer, click to reopen the bid page. You can only submit/withdraw your bid if the RFP is open and the bid deadline has not passed.