A fuel surcharge is a flat rate with the cost of fuel included. In ShipperGuide, users can select the default fuel surcharge type when requesting proposals from carriers.
To set the default fuel surcharge:
1. Click located in the upper right corner of your page.
2. On your Settings page, click RFP Guide.
3. Under Fuel Surcharge, select:
- for carriers to provide proposed rates with the cost of fuel
- for carriers to provide proposed rates without the cost of fuel
You can also enter your preferred fuel surcharge rate.